A home always needs a right decoration dealing with the lighting, storage or layout no matter how big or small it is. The challenge will be bigger if you rent your house since you can’t do much renovation for it. Therefore, we give you some ideas to enable you decorate in only a few hours or on weekend dealing with some cases.
The Problems to Decorate In A Short Time
1. Boring walls.
To dress the boring white or pale coloured walls the most appropriate solution is to add another bright colour or pattern. The solutions are:
– Hang some paintings which large and unframed with the removable hooks.
– Make a focal point by painting the wall in bright, bold colour.
– Hang portraits of you and your family to have the gallery on the wall or collage.
– Use wallpaper which can be peeled off to create a focal point.
– Create a floating shelf to put your favorite perks.
2. Cramped living room.
You can’t do anything to renovate if your rental house has a small living room. No worries, you have these tricks to tackle it:
– Paint the walls with the bright and light colours.
– Declutter the area by selling the unnecessary one or put in a large box to be kept somewhere. Keep the essential stuffs only.
– Use a large and long mirror which leans against the wall to give a spacious look of room.
3. Space out the cramped guest room.
Your parents or other relatives will come and you need to instantly ‘clean’ your room. If it feels cramped do the following tips:
– Remove all the big furnitures except the bed and nightstands.
– Use wall organizers which can be hung behind the door for shoes, supplies, etc.
– Use shelves to put books or other small perks.
– Put the storage bin beside the bed.
– Keep the important work stuffs only on your desk.
– Make a nice and interesting bedding to give an attractive look.
4. No budget for redecorating the living room.
If you need some refreshment for the living room with a small budget, you will love these tips. No need to change the furnitures since they are the expensive ones.
– Paint your coffee table with another colour.
– Cover your old sofa with a tailored slipcovers.
– Take a bold colour for your existing space combined with two or three throw new pillows, a vase, a rug or curtains.
5. Tackling a boring floor/carpet.
If you get bored with your boring floor, just cover it with a large, beautiful rug over your floor or carpet. Or, you may add temporary carpet tiles by Flor with some pattern or dots. If you move to other place, just peel off and keep it for your new house.
The point to decorate the rental house is to be creative and explore some inspirations from other sources.